1. Avoid contamination: Do not place the carpet in areas with high traffic. Also, avoid using carpets near doors and exits. By using the right amount of underlay, you will reduce dust and suspended particles in the air and prevent the contamination of the carpet.
2. Regular washing: Wash the silk carpet with a suitable frequency. If the carpet is exposed to daily use and pollution, it is recommended to wash it at least once every 6 months. For less frequently used carpets, you can consider more intervals between washes.
3. Sensitive washing: To wash the silk carpet, use sensitive and gentle methods. It is better to use hand washing or dry cleaning using professional services. Also, use soft and suitable detergents for silk carpets to prevent damage to its sensitive fibers.
4. Dryer: When drying the carpet, use a dryer and low temperature. Drying slowly and at a lower temperature helps preserve the design and texture of the rug.
5. Preventing direct light: Exposing the carpet to direct sunlight can cause its colors to age and fade. It is better to place the carpet in a place that is not directly affected by direct sunlight.
6. Use of underlay: It is very important to use an appropriate underlay for silk carpet. A quality and soft footrest can distribute the pressure and prevent possible scratches and damage to the carpet.
7. Preventing passageways: Prevent passageways that may scratch and damage the silk carpet. Be careful about placing heavy furniture and tables on the carpet and use softeners and soft towels to avoid scratching and excessive pressure on the carpet.
By following these tips, you can take good care of your handwoven silk rug and enjoy its long-lasting beauty.